When your pet is ill, you want to make sure he or she has access to advanced diagnostic and therapeutic treatment. These services are available at Oceanside Animal Clinic. Some of these services include Ultrasonography. Our ultrasound machine is operated by a skilled veterinarian who uses the equipment to aid in the diagnosis of medical conditions affecting your pet’s internal organs. Radiology is also used in diagnosing problems with internal organs, as well as in revealing fractures, arthritic conditions and problems with your pet’s spine. Our on-site, X-ray equipment provides high-quality radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders. Oceanside Animal Clinic provides Electrocardiography (ECG) services on site, along with consultations with cardiology specialists. We also perform Endoscopy services for cases that require visual inspection and biopsy of the esophagus, stomach, nasal passages, trachea, colon, and other organs.
To help ensure the best possible care and the benefit of second opinions, Oceanside Animal Clinic offer Telemedicine referrals to an internal medicine specialist who helps us with the diagnosis of more complicated cases.
We cover all areas of internal medicine, including:
- Cardiology (ECG’s and Echocardiography)
- Dermatology (Allergy control and RAST testing, Ear infections, skin scraping, cytology and biopsies)
- Endocrinology (Diabetes, Cushing’s, Addison’s and Thyroid disease management)
- Ophthalmology (Glaucoma screening, Corneal Ulcers and “Dry-eye” or KCS)
- Neurology (Seizure Disorders, Geriatric Vestibular Disease)
- Gastroenterology (Chronic Constipation, Colitis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Radiology (x-rays, contrast studies and ultrasonography)
- Nephrology/Urology (kidney failure, urinary incontinence and crystal formation)
- Fevers and weight loss
- Gastrointestinal problems and conditions that may produce diarrhea and vomiting, such as inflammatory bowel disease and protein-losing enteropathy
- Endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid conditions, parathyroid disease, Addison’s disease or Cushing’s disease
- Immune system problems and immune deficiencies
- Infections and infectious diseases such as Lyme disease, leptospirosis, blastomycosis or aspergillosis
- Internal organ dysfunctions involving the liver, lymph nodes, spleen or pancreas
- Kidney failure (acute and chronic) and lower urinary tract diseases, including dialysis, feline idiopathic cystitis and chronic urinary tract infections
- Lung and respiratory difficulties, such as asthma, bronchitis and laryngeal paralysis
- Poisoning and treatment for ingestion of toxic substances such as medication overdoses, household chemicals and chocolate
- Age-related problems
- Trauma and injuries
Our friendly and helpful veterinary staff is ready to assist you & your pet! Call 718-975-6901.